Have you been looking for a role that highly values your contribution and skills as an experienced landscaper?
Maybe you can’t see your career progressing further at your current employer? Perhaps you are self-employed and get more fulfillment out of working with your hands rather than behind a computer? Are you the sort of person that is self-motivated, driven, has a relentless work ethic and has great initiative? If you are one of those examples or maybe you’re just looking for a new opportunity we have the perfect role for you.
We are seeking a talented landscaper who is driven to success, is customer focused and thrives in a dynamic environment.
We at Yellowstone Landscaping have built our reputation based on providing excellent landscaping and construction service to our clients’ commercial projects for nearly 20 years. We are highly respected for our attention to detail and our high standards of finished work. Because of our proven results, we are winning more tenders and we are the go-to supplier for hard and soft landscaping work for many of the local councils around Melbourne.
We have a strong culture based around mutual respect for each person, their role and contribution. We enjoy seeing the end results of the effort and focus we put into a project.
We truly value our employees and we mean it when we say our people are vital to our success! We look after our people in ways that really matter to them. Our team is a respected mix of proven experience and new energy. Yellowstone provides an environment where our people are encouraged to embrace challenges, express their ideas and enjoy themselves.
As a member of the Yellowstone team, you can expect:
- Autonomy to make decisions, manage teams and trades to deliver great results
- 100% support to do your best work within a hard-working, collaborative team environment
- To be part of an A-grade team where everyone pulls their weight
- To have a sense of personal achievement in working on high profile projects
- To develop your skills and grow your career, and be financially rewarded.
This is a new role for someone looking to build on their career as an experienced landscaper. The role is for an immediate start. While we expect you to come to us with experience in landscaping/construction, we will assist and train you in the Yellowstone way.
Your skills, attitude, and outlook on life:
If this role is right for you, you’ll be a good communicator and relate well to clients and your co-workers.
You’ll have high personal standards and be self-motivated. You enjoy working to a high standard within budgets and time-frames.
You’ll be the kind of person who can think on their feet, use initiative and problem solve as issues crop up. You’ll be self-sufficient, but also be prepared to ask for advice and help as the need arises.
You might have worked for other commercial or domestic landscapers. You might even have had your own landscaping or gardening business, but be looking to join a premium team.
You’ll be someone who can quickly assess the situation and come up with several approaches to a problem. You’re an all-rounder who has a basic understanding of business.
A bit about the role we’re looking to fill…
This is a full time secure role where you can expect variety of work, clients and locations, where you’ll:
- Do hard and soft landscaping
- Supervise a small team
- Manage other trades
- Liaise with clients on commercial projects across Melbourne.
Your skills and experience:
- 5+ years hard landscaping experience (building retaining walls, laying paving, concreting, rock work, logs, installing play equipment, outdoor furniture and more)
- Soft landscaping skills (planting trees and plants, laying turf, spreading soils and mulch)
- 3-5 years’ experience leading staff
- 3-5 years’ experience managing other trades
- Familiar with OH&S in the construction industry and experience managing a safety-compliant work site
- Relevant trade and plant licences
- Basic understanding of business
- Excellent eye for detail
- You’re always looking to make sure things are “just right” for our clients
- Must have a Working With Children Check and be willing to undergo a Police Check.
The role has good scope for career development – what you put in, is what you get out. The starting salary package is negotiable based on your experience and the skills you bring to the organisation. We offer competitive wages and a ‘promote from within’ culture.
We have been around since 2000 so the only place we’re going is up!
If you believe this is you, please forward your resume and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org