Have you been looking for a role that highly values your contribution and skills as an experienced landscaper? Maybe you can’t see your career progressing further at your current employer? Perhaps you are self-employed and get more fulfilment out of working with your hands rather than behind a computer? Are you the sort of person that is self-motivated, driven, has a relentless work ethic and has great initiative? If you are one of those examples or maybe you’re just looking for a new opportunity we have the perfect role for you.
An exciting opportunity has come up for a qualified and experienced Landscape Leading Hand at Yellowstone Landscaping. Yellowstone is looking for someone who thrives on delivering quality commercial landscape projects, high standard of workmanship and impeccable attention to detail.
Yellowstone landscaping has an excellent reputation for providing a high-quality landscaping and construction service to their clients for 20 years. We are highly regarded for our attention to detail, professional standards of finished work and professionalism from tender to handover. Our clients have confidence in not just the delivery of work but the quality of service we strive to and continue to provide. We are the go-to supplier for hard and soft landscaping work for many of the local councils around Melbourne; because we are so sort after we are looking to expand our capacity and capability.
Yellowstone Landscaping is a people first organisation. We value the people that work for us and compensate them in a range of ways including, but not exclusive to, paying above award wages. We also place a high value on the positive impact that our work makes within the community who enjoy our completed projects.
As a member of the Yellowstone team, you can expect:
- To assist in managing small teams and trades to deliver great results
- 100% support to do your best work within a hard-working, collaborative team environment
- To be part of an A-grade team where everyone pulls their weight
- To have a sense of personal achievement in working on larger projects
- To develop your skills and grow your career
Your skills, attitude, and outlook on life:
If you are the person for this role you will be a great communicator and relate well to clients and your co-workers.
You are highly skilled in the landscape trade and enjoy doing hands on work with your team.
You have high personal standards and self-motivation. You will enjoy working to a high standard within budgets and time frames.
The applicant will be the kind of person who can think on their feet, use initiative and problem solve as issues crop up. You’ll be self-sufficient, but also be prepared to ask for advice and help as the need arises. You are someone who can quickly assess the situation and come up with several approaches to a problem.
This is a full-time secure role where you can expect variety of work, clients and locations, where you’ll be hands on doing:
- Hard and soft landscaping
- Assist Supervising a small team
- Manage other trades
- Liaise with clients on commercial projects across Melbourne.
- Communicate with Management
Your skills and experience:
- 5+ years hard landscaping experience (building retaining walls, laying paving, concreting, rock work, logs, installing play equipment, outdoor furniture and more)
- Soft landscaping skills (planting trees and plants, laying turf, spreading soils and mulch)
- 3-5 years’ experience managing other trades
- Experience working on large scale projects
- Manual and Medium Ridged License
- Extensive understanding of plans and levels
- Familiar with OH&S in the construction industry and experience managing a safety-compliant work site
- Relevant trade and plant licenses
- Basic understanding of business
- Excellent eye for detail
- You’re always looking to make sure things are “just right” for our clients
The role has good scope for career development – what you put in, is what you get out. The starting salary package is negotiable based on your experience and the skills you bring to the organisation. We offer competitive wages and a ‘promote from within’ culture.
If you believe this is you, please forward your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we thank all applicants applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.