Exciting opportunities for a secure career in a company experiencing planned positive growth.
Have you been looking for a role that values your contribution and skills as an experienced horticulturalist/ gardener? Are you a strong leader, ready to lead a small team? Do you have initiative, motivation, excellent communication and great work ethic? We may have the role for you.
We are seeking an experienced horticulturalist/ gardener who is driven to success; customer focused and thrives in a dynamic environment.
This is a new role for someone looking to build on their career as a qualified Horticulturist /Experienced Gardener. While we expect you to come to us with experience in garden maintenance / soft landscaping and horticulture, we will assist and train you in the Yellowstone way.
Your skills, attitude, and outlook on life:
If this role is right for you, you’ll be a great communicator and relate well to clients and your co-workers. You will be confident to lead a small team where you can showcase your horticultural knowledge and skills.
You’ll have high personal standards and be self-motivated. You enjoy working to a high standard within budgets and timeframes.
You’ll be the kind of person who can think on their feet, use initiative and problem solve as issues crop up. You’ll be self-sufficient, but also be prepared to ask for advice and help as the need arises.
You might have worked for other commercial, residential, aged care facilities or school based grounds maintenance/gardening companies. You might even have had your own gardening business, but be looking to join a premium team.
You’ll be someone who can quickly assess the situation and come up with several approaches to a problem. You’re an all-rounder who has a basic understanding of business.
A bit about the role we’re looking to fill…
This is a full time secure role where you can expect variety of work, clients and locations, where you’ll:
- Utilise your knowledge of plants, diseases and pests
- Engage in soft landscaping (planting, mulching, garden restoration)
- Brush cutting and edging
- Pruning and shaping hedges
- Maintain grass and turf areas
- Weed control
- Basic Irrigation maintenance
- Liaise with clients on commercial projects across Melbourne.
Your skills and experience:
- 3+ years previous horticulture and / or gardening experience (recent graduates will be considered)
- Soft landscaping skills (pruning, pest and disease identification and treatment, planting trees and plants, laying turf, spreading soils and mulch)
- Cert III in Horticulture or Cert III in Parks & Gardens
- White Card
- Familiar with OH&S in the construction industry and experience managing a safety-compliant work site
- Manual drivers licence (mandatory)
- MR licence (preferred but not essential)
- Chainsaw ticket (preferred but not essential)
- Agricultural Chemical User Permit (ACUP – preferred but not essential)
- Excellent eye for detail
- You’re always looking to make sure things are “just right” for our clients
- Must have a Working with Children Check and be willing to undergo a Police Check
The role has good scope for career development – what you put in, is what you get out. The starting salary package is negotiable based on your experience and the skills you bring to the organisation. We offer competitive wages and a ‘promote from within’ culture.
We have been around since 2000 so the only place we’re going is up!
If you believe this is you, please forward your resume and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org